Don’t miss an opportunity! Link up with us to receive updates as they happen.
Call for Papers: AsiaInFocus Issue 8
Asia in Focus is an entirely free open access publication devoted to research on modern Asian societies from the standpoint of the humanities and the social sciences, with Level 1 ranking in Norway. Now in its second year of publication, Asia in Focus has published an extremely wide range of subject areas from political economy and societal change, to international relations, popular culture, literature, education and film.
We operate a triple-blind review process; the identity of the reviewers and authors are not disclosed to either party. We usually publish two issues per year and have a short turnaround time for the entire review and publishing process (6 months).
We welcome submissions of:
- Academic articles (3150 words minimum, 3850 words maximum)
- Academic essays (3150 words minimum, 3850 words maximum)
- Book reviews (1000 words)
We accept papers from students and recent graduates who are:
- Master and PhD students and recent graduates thereof (max 2 years prior to submission)
- In the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Affiliated to a European university or institute of higher education
- Submissions should be made via www.tidsskrift.dk/asiainfocus (register as an Author)
- Submissions must follow APA style referencing
- Authors must refer to www.asiainfcous.dk for full details on how to submit
- The deadline for submissions is 5 April 2019
Why publish with Asia in Focus?
For students, one of the major advantages of publishing with Asia in Focus is that you receive a level of in-depth feedback on your academic writing that is rarely experienced in academia in general, and thus going through the editorial process will improve your writing skills whether you publish or not. In addition, your manuscript is expected to be only 3500 words which is far less than the vast majority of the more mainstream journals.
For lecturers, aside from the well-known benefits for your students of being a published author, Asia in Focus supplements their education through its detailed editorial process and provides them with an opportunity to develop their academic writing skills. More often than not such improvements result in higher grades as the work becomes more readable and cohesive.
Access the Call for Papers (deadline 5 April 2019) online here: www.asiainfocus.dk/call-for-papers/