Don’t miss an opportunity! Link up with us to receive updates as they happen.
Asia in Focus is introducing Themed Sections
Asia in Focus is introducing Themed Sections to the journal. The idea is to devote part of an issue to a theme that highlights a singular cutting-edge research problem or idea. Each Themed Section will have a Guest Editor who is an expert in the field.
- Proposals for Themed Sections should include a brief statement (max 800 words) explaining the aims of the Themed Section
- and its particular contribution to the journal.
- A Themed Section should consist of 3 to 5 manuscripts of approximately 3500 words.
- A Themed Section will be edited by a Guest Editor who holds a PhD (or equivalent) and is an expert in the field .
- The Guest Editor shall be responsible for selecting the manuscripts that will enter the standard Asia in Focus double-blind
- peer review process.
- The Asia in Focus Editorial Committee shall be responsible for selecting the peer reviewers and for managing the review
- process. They may, where appropriate, consult the Guest Editor for suggestions of reviewers.
- Manuscripts submitted for a Themed Section may be rejected, either with or without an invitation to resubmit.
- The Guest Editor makes the final decision as to whether the manuscripts that have successfully gone through the review
- process will be published in the Themed Section.
- The Guest Editor should provide an introduction/guest editorial to introduce the overarching theme (max 1000 words).
- In the event that fewer than 3 manuscripts are accepted, the manuscripts will not be published as a Themed Section and will
- instead be published individually.